Did you know that at least half of Americans over 30 years of age have a form of gum disease? Periodontics are the branch of dentistry concerned with diagnosing and treating gum issues. Our goal is to keep your gums and your teeth healthy.
Should I Be Concerned about Gum Disease?
Several factors may affect and increase your risk for gum disease including family history, pregnancy, or heart disease. The symptoms of gum disease include:
- Puffy, swollen, or tender gums, often accompanied by redness.
- Bleeding when you brush or floss.
- A receding gum line.
- Gums that pull away from your teeth, exposing the roots.
- Persistent bad bread.
- A bad taste in your mouth that won’t go away.
- Pus or infection in between your teeth and gums.
- Noticeable changes in your bite.
If you have one or more of these symptoms, visit our experienced team at Lakeview Pointe Dentistry to start treatment right away.